Hello PRESS friends!
Lately I’ve been extremely attracted to a unique hair texture – unruly curlicues. Today, Alex, who was referred to me by his co-worker, came in for some help from PRESS. He has the typical head of curls that is disobedient and frizzy. Yep, I thoroughly enjoyed fixing him up.
To help all my curly-hair friends, I’ve picked out 5 simple things that you may never have thought you could do (at home) that will make you fall in love with your hair and cause heads to turn:
- First of all, Embrace your curls! Grass is never greener on the other side. I can’t image having bone straight hair. Getting it to contour your head shape would be a struggle (even for the best hairstylist in town). Image a porcupine on your head.
- Because curls tend to grow outward, it is best to choose a style that is firm on the sides and back with some height on top (this is where embracing of its curly nature begins).
- I have found that applying a small amount of Curl Conscious Calming Creme from Bumble and bumble into damp hair and defuse it with a blow dryer by scrunching it in your hand or let it air dry will encourage the curls to hold together while adding softness and movement.
- Never use the blow dryer on its highest setting, this will separate the hair into strands and result in unwanted frizz.
- Apply a dollop of Defrizz Serum from Bumble and Bumble in damp hair and sleep in it over night.
And there you have it. I challenge you to try one thing I mentioned above and give me your feedback. Email me at PRESSmenshairsalon@gmail.com
Love those curls, my friends, cuz I sure do!!
(Founder of PRESS Men’s Hair)
P.S. For some curly hair styles and looks, check out our collection of photos on Pinterest! If you see something you like, show it to us when you come in!